I'm 39 years old, obese, unfit and infertile. Through lots of reading and studying, I have learned a lot about health and nutrition, as well as the benefits of exercise. I am now working hard to change my lifestyle and habits and become healthy, fit and fertile.
- To make eating natural, fresh, whole foods my staple diet.
- To exercise daily and increase my fitness levels to the point where I'd be able to run a 5K race.
- To bring down my cholesterol levels and heal my insulin resistance.
- To balance my hormones naturally and restore my fertility.
- To be active in and around my house and garden.
- To grow mentally, emotionally and spiritually in the process, completing the "holistic" picture.
At the moment? Eddie Vedder
Favorite TV Shows:
I don't have TV!
What is your current exercise routine?
I've only just started, but I'm walking 25 minutes every day and doing Pilates 4 times per week.
What diets have you tried?
I'm following Dr. Joel Fuhrman's "Eat to Live" plan.
What things do you want to do before you die?
- Lose 180 pounds and maintain the loss (I'm busy with this goal)
- Walk the Camino Santiago (Pilgrim's Way, Way of St. James) in Spain with my best friend.
- Spend a fortnight in New York City.
- Learn to ski and ice skate.
- Have children and homeschool them
- Qualify as a nutritional counselor and help people heal their bodies and lives through nutrition and lifestyle
- Take up a martial art
- Do yoga
- Ride some more roller coasters
- Grow my own food
In a fun post on Friday Shannon talked about the craziest things she’s done to lose weight. You know what I’m talking about - the pills, the powders, the snake-oil and the outrageous gadgets. At the end of the post she asks the readers to share their crazy weight loss stories.
Let me tell you about the Red Light Diet. And no, it’s not a… Continue
I am so proud to be featured on Evolving Wellness today. If you want to know more about why I'm on this quest for health, how it's been going and what changes I've made in my life, read this interview. I even have some words of advice for people starting out and for people who have been struggling.
People often ask me why I chose Fertilehealthy as a blog name. Actually, the first blog I had was called Fertile & Healthy, but the URL was only "fertilehealthy" and when I moved I went with Fertilehealthy. At that stage I was obsessed with having a baby and I knew that I could only be fertile once I got healthy. My blog was to be about my journey… Continue
Posted on February 25, 2009 at 1:45am — 2 Comments
In our quest for good health, a realistic body weight and fertility nothing is more important than what we eat on a day to day basis. Not physical activity (although that is very important), not environmental hazards (unless your job is to scrub out nuclear reactors) and not genetics. Of course, what you ate as a child plays a huge role in your future health(another good reason to adopt a healthy lifestyle before having… Continue