Using data from the same research study as last week’s Thursday Thirteen:
Most women look for an easier way to take steps to achieve a healthy lifestyle, opting for simple solutions like drinking more water or eating more fruits and vegetables.
Less take the more disciplined approaches of exercising regularly, counting calories, and watching their sugar intake.
From the study:
1. 80% drink more water
2. 70% eat more fruits and vegetables
3. 49% read nutritional labels
4. 47% avoid foods that are high in fat
5. 44% make a conscious effort to lower calorie intake
6. 44% watch their sugar intake
7. 43% exercise at least three times a week
Other stated methods used by women to improve their overall health and wellbeing, include:
8. Using non-traditional approaches such as natural herbs and supplement - 26%
9. Bought/adopted a pet - 25%
10. Meditation - 11%
11. Acupuncture - 4%
12. Visited a hypnotist - 1%
13. Diane Salvatore, editor in chief, Ladies' Home Journal, concludes:
"While staying fit and trim definitely contributes to overall good health, it's only a piece of a proactively healthy lifestyle… These findings should be a wakeup call to American women…" Source: Meredith Corporation
It’s now or never, which statistic do you want to be, because
After all, it’s about a Healthy Lifestyle!
Photo courtesy of kevindooley